1. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Transputec Ltd' ("our", "us" or "we" below) has a legal duty to protect information we collect from you. You can visit our website without telling us who you are or giving us any personally identifiable information.
2. We do not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this website, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, or by using an electronic form, to register, or enquiring about any of our services.
3. Any personal data provided to us will be used exclusively for providing you with the information or services you have requested. We do not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations and/or individuals, except with your express consent or as stated at paras 12 and 13 of our Data Protection statement below. This is only necessary when we need to share your information in Order to provide the information or service requested. We do not collect personal information for commercial purposes.
4. The website uses 'session variable' type cookies that do not collect any information about you except that required for system administration to track your order. When you exit the website this 'session variables' information is immediately deleted.
5. We like any website owner monitor:
• The Internet Domain and IP address form which you access the website. These IP addresses are not linked to any personal data, so all visitors to our website remain anonymous;
• Which type of Browser and operating system used to access the website;
• The date and time of your visit;
• The pages you visit;
• If you clicked on a link to our website on another website, the address of that website and any Website you visit directly from our website.
7. It is our policy to ensure that customer information is kept private and secure at all times and treated in the strictest of confidence.
8. Our website employs the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption standard in all secure areas, including login pages, Customer information and payment details. Provided that you are using an SSL-compliant browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Opera or Firefox, you will be able to conduct encrypted transactions without fear of an intermediary obtaining your private information.
9. Data Protection & Data Security Data is maintained under the provisions of the Data Protection Act (1998). We may contact you from time to time to verify and update the data we hold on your records.
10. Information automatically logged: We may use your IP (Internet Protocol) address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help gather broad demographic information.
11. Registration and data sharing: Our website registration and order form requires you to give us contact information (such as name, email, and postal address), unique identifiers (such as username and password), demographic information (such as postcode), and financial information (such as account reference and transaction values). This data is securely stored for use in all our marketing communications and analysis databases.
12. We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
13. You agree that we may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
14. Please note that we may record and monitor inbounds and outbound calls and electronic traffic for training purposes.
Vn 2.25: updated 7 April 2016.